1. The agreement
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the law of England and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts in respect of the interpretation of, and any disputes relating to, this agreement or any of its provisions.
Defined terms used in this agreement are set out at the end of this agreement. Your use of the Services, the website and the mobile applications is subject at all times to the terms and conditions set out in this agreement ("Terms"). You may not use the Services if you do not agree with the Terms, nor if you are under the legal age or are otherwise incapable or unable to be legally bound by the Terms.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use PAC8 services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests. We may decline to process requests at our discretion, for example if, in our opinion, requests are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, could jeopardize the privacy of others, could simply be impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required.
Sharing Your Content and Information
You acknowledge that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer and mobile phone to prevent unauthorized access to your account. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the password is kept confidential and secure and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your password has become known to anyone else, or if the password is being, or is likely to be, used in an unauthorized manner. You must not allow any third party to access your account.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to STANLEY Security Solutions employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to disciplinary measures, including termination of their employment or engagement, as well as criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
How we use Content
STANLEY Security Solutions may use your Content in a variety of ways from time to time in performing the Services for you – including the following:
- Billing requests
- Service upgrade notifications
- Generic analytics to improve system performance and functionality
3. Content and IP
You do not transfer to us your rights of ownership in any of the Content you upload to the PAC8 Cloud via the PAC8 mobile application.
All Content that is uploaded, however, is uploaded subject to, and on the basis of, the following rights and obligations:
- You grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide and perpetual licence in any IP that is contained in or associated with any Content that you upload to and/or post on or in connection with PAC8 or our website ("IP Licence");
- We may use such licensed IP in any reasonable manner in connection with the operation, marketing and/or promotion of PAC8 and the services to be supplied to PAC8 users and customers from time to time, including without limitation to reproduce, distribute, create derivative works from, and/or display, disclose, and perform any or all such content;
- Our rights under the IP Licence will end when you terminate your account with PAC8, without prejudice to those rights which arose prior to this time;
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time, but will not be available to others unless so requested by law, as this may be used as evidence in a court of law.
4. Representations and Warranties
We always use our best endeavours to keep PAC8 operating as we state in this agreement, but we cannot guarantee it. Your help in this process is vital, and this includes the following commitments, which we rely upon as representations and warranties in agreeing to enter into this agreement with you:
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on PAC8;
- You will not collect other users' content or information, or otherwise access PAC8, including by way of using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers);
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code;
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else;
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user;
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
- You will not use PAC8 to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of PAC8, such as a denial of service attack;
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this agreement.
5. Restrictions on use of the Services
PAC8 users provide their real names and information, with our intentions to keep the same secure as described in this agreement, and we need your help to keep it that way.
Here are some undertakings and commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account, and upon which we are relying as representations in entering into this agreement:
- You will not provide any false personal information on PAC8, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission;
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission;
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain;
- You will keep your third party contact information and Content accurate and up-to-date;
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account;
- You will not transfer your account to anyone.
Protecting other peoples' rights
We respect other peoples' rights, and expect you to do the same.
- You will not upload content or take any action on PAC8 that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on PAC8 if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks, or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
The Services may include hyperlinks to other websites that are not owned and/or controlled by STANLEY Security Solutions.
You acknowledge and accept that STANLEY Security Solutions has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the availability, content, policies or practices of any such websites.
The use of such websites may well be subject to terms, conditions and policies and you must satisfy yourself as to the nature and extent of any such provisions in deciding whether to use the websites.
7. Price and Payment
Our prices and additional or special payment terms (if any) are as set out on our website, as amended and updated from time to time. The regular terms for payment are set out below.
You agree to pay STANLEY Security Solutions the Yearly Fees together with any VAT thereon in full on their due date without any set-off, counter-claim, abatement, or other similar deduction, for the whole of the Second Year and/or any Renewal Period as appropriate.
Payment of the Yearly Fees together with any VAT thereon must be made to STANLEY Security Solutions.
STANLEY Security Solutions reserves the right to amend the Yearly Fees and/or introduce new fees from time to time by giving you 14 days' notice. Any change to the Yearly Fees payable by you will take effect from the beginning of any Renewal Period. Your use of the Services after receipt of such notice will be taken by us as acceptance by you of such changed.
Fees are for individual PAC8 system of 8 doors.
8. Terminating this agreement
Either you or PAC8 may terminate this agreement on 30 days notice (by email) if the other party is in breach of a material obligation on its part and does not fix that breach within 30 days of being asked to do by the first party.
Please note: simply removing the PAC8 application from your smart phone does not of itself terminate this agreement, which shall only be effective where undertaken in accordance with these terms and conditions.
We can change these Terms if we provide you notice. Your use of the services from the moment of change of the Terms will be taken by us as acceptance of those changed Terms.
You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute ("claim") you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or STANLEY Security Solutions exclusively under UK law. The laws of the United Kingdom will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on STANLEY Security Solutions, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind howsoever arising (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
11. Limitations and Exclusions
Please read these Terms with particular care, as they describe certain exclusions and limitations on liability that may arise during the provision of the Services.
WE TRY TO KEEP PAC8 UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING PAC8 "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.
STANLEY SECURITY SOLUTIONS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND INDEMNIFY AND AGREE TO KEEP INDEMNIFIED NOW AND IN THE FUTURE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF DATA, OR FOR ANY LOSS OF ECONOMIC USE, NOT FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THIS STATEMENT OR PAC8 WILL NOT EXCEED THE GREATER OF TWENTY FOUR POUNDS (£24) OR THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID US IN THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS. APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH CASES, STANLEY SECURITY SOLUTION'S LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE TERMS, NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL OR IS INTENDED TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY OR FOR ANY OTHER LIABILITY FOR LOSS WHICH CANNOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED.
By "PAC8 " we mean the features and services we make available, including through our mobile application, website at PAC-8.com and any other PAC8 branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); or networks now existing or later developed.
By "Content" we mean any content and/or information that you post on PAC8, including without limitation any content and/or information concerning you and your actions.
By "data" we mean content and information that third parties can retrieve from PAC8 or provide to PAC8 through the website platform.
By "post" we mean post on PAC8 or otherwise make available to us (such as by using an application).
By "Contact" we mean the third party contact details given to us by you when registering for use of PAC8 as may be amended or updated from time to time.
By "Details" we mean those details given to us by you, and which you are aware may be disclosed in accordance with the Terms.
By "use" we mean use, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify and translate.
By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses the Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access the Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
By "Services" we mean the PAC8 services as set out on our website from time to time
By "IP" we mean any and all intellectual property rights contained in or associated with the Content, including without limitation, copyright, design right, trade names and trademarks, patent (and any applications for the same), confidentiality, know-how, and in each case where so capable, whether registered or unregistered.
By "Terms" we mean the terms and conditions of this agreement.
By "Annual Fees" we mean the prices payable for the Services as set out on the app and/or our website from time to time.
These Terms and the terms and conditions and policies referred to herein comprise the entire agreement between you and PAC8, and supersedes any prior agreements, arrangements or understandings.
You acknowledge and accept that you have not been induced to enter into this agreement in reliance upon any representation, warranty, statement, agreement or undertaking whatsoever, made by us or in respect of PAC8, save where the same are expressly set out in this agreement.
If any portion of this agreement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
If we fail to enforce any rights under this agreement, it will not be considered a waiver of those or any other rights.
Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us.
You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
PAC8 may assign or subcontract, directly or indirectly, all or part of its rights or obligations under this Agreement to a third party
All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
Nothing in these Terms shall prevent us from complying with the law.
These Terms does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing PAC8